The term “spirituality” can be defined many different ways to different people. At Temple Beth Sholom “spiritual life” as we define it expands beyond “worship.” To us it also incorporates “personal growth.” If you are looking to strengthen your spiritual muscles you may be interested in one of the following programs that are listed in alphabetical order below.
Avodat HaLev – Meditation of the Heart
Interested in building or supporting your meditation practice? Come join Temple Beth Sholom’s Jewish meditation group, Avodat HaLev (Meditation of the Heart). No prior experience necessary, all you need is an open mind and a willingness to learn. Chairs are provided and you are welcome to bring your own meditation cushion, etc. Adults only.
- Dates/Times: 8:25 am – 9:15 am every Saturday
- Contact: Marte Singerman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Natalie Davis (email@example.com)
Bonus Class Includes
- Rabbi Sheila Peltz Weinberg will conduct a Shabbatone at TBS on December 1 and 2. She is an amazing speaker and meditation teacher so please plan to attend.
Spiritual Yoga Classes
This experience will be an opportunity to practice yoga within the guidelines of the principles of alignment for safety while creatively following your heart to express Jewish teachings and values. Beginners welcome! The class is led by Lois Tepper with Rabbi Gayle Pomerantz.
- Dates/Times: Yoga will take a brief pause from July 1 – 8/15. Class will resume on 8/16.
- Fees: suggested donation is $10 per class
Journey Towards Wholeness
Join us for a Shabbat Retreat featuring Rabbi Shelia Peltz Weinberg who guides us through finding peace and harmony in an unsettled world. Save-the-date more information to follow.
- Dates/Times: December 1-2, 2017
- Fees: TBD
Council to Enhance Spirituality
In this first year of our Council to Enhance Spirituality, we began a journey of learning about “spirituality” and finding new ways to express that to our community. Our goal is to create a series of “Jacob’s ladders” with the intention of creating opportunities for individuals wherever they are in their spiritual journeys.
Our initiatives included…
- …our congregational niggun to begin meetings and gatherings to create a separation for the holy space and work we do at TBS and to bring us rhythmically together.
- …a pilot “God Talk ” program at the Temple Beth Sholom Innovative School exploring inter-generational dialogue about God.
- …a Wise Aging Program to be launched in September.
- …Tuesday morning Torah study of the 613 Mitzvot.
- …Saturday morning meditation.
Beginning, October 10, 2017, we will have a series of 4 meetings open to all congregants to work with us in creating new activities and programs to enhance our spirituality.