The term “spirituality” can be defined many different ways to different people. At Temple Beth Sholom “spiritual life” as we define it expands beyond “worship.” To us it also incorporates “personal growth.” If you are looking to strengthen your spiritual muscles you may be interested in one of the following programs that are listed in alphabetical order below.
Avodat HaLev – Meditation of the Heart
Interested in building or supporting your meditation practice? Come join Temple Beth Sholom’s Jewish meditation group, Avodat HaLev (Meditation of the Heart). No prior experience necessary, all you need is an open mind and a willingness to learn. Chairs are provided and you are welcome to bring your own meditation cushion, etc. Adults only.
- Dates/Times: 8:25 am – 9:15 am every Saturday (RESUMES September 9, 2017)
- Contact: Marte Singerman (email@example.com) or Natalie Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bonus Classes Include
- Avodat ha-Lev – Please join Cantor Segal and lay meditation leaders (Marte Singerman and Natalie Davis) for a 45 minute mind, body, spirit practice. This will include gentle movement, chanting and meditation during the 2:45 Yom Kippur break. This is a wonderful opportunity to recharge and renew for the remainder of the Holy Day. All adults welcome.
- Rabbi Sheila Peltz Weinberg will conduct a Shabbatone at TBS on December 1 and 2. She is an amazing speaker and meditation teacher so please plan to attend.
Spiritual Direction II – Where AM I?
In our soulful quest for meaning and purpose in life, we will seek guidance from Jewish texts and contemporary mindfulness thinking and practice. In this class, Rabbi Gayle Pomerantz and Scott Rogers, Founder and Director of the Mindfulness in Law Program at the University of Miami School of Law, will once again team up to bring wisdom to our intimate Jewish journeys. While this class will build on themes of last year’s Spiritual Direction I Class, completion of Spiritual Direction I is not a prerequisite for this class. Enrollment is limited.
- Dates/Times: TBD Fall 2017
- Contact: Rabbi Pomerantz at email@example.com
Spiritual Yoga Classes
This experience will be an opportunity to practice yoga within the guidelines of the principles of alignment for safety while creatively following your heart to express Jewish teachings and values. Beginners welcome! The class is led by Lois Tepper with Rabbi Gayle Pomerantz.
- Dates/Times: Wednesdays 9:25 – 10:30 am
- Fees: suggested donation is $10 per class