Hatikvah Kallah | NFTY Weekend Retreat
November 10-12, 2017
- We need to house 200 teens for the weekend. We need your home! To help click here. We are asking you to participate in this wonderful weekend by hosting members of NFTY-Southern Tropical in your home. The responsibilities of hosting teens will include:
- Providing space for these teens to sleep in your home (they will bring sleeping bags and pillows) on Friday and Saturday night, BEDS are not necessary.
- Driving “your” NFTY-STR members to and from events taking place at the host Temple. Drivers must be at least 21 years old.
- Providing breakfast and dinner on Saturday as well as snacks (all other meals will be provided as part of the events of the weekend).
- Housing NFTY-STR teens is an extremely important part of making the weekend a success. Families have a great time hosting NFTYites and it is fun for your children (of all ages) to get to know these Jewish teens as well.
- If you have questions, please email me or call me 305-538-7231 ext. 135
- We need your 6-8 grader! Join 200 other Jewish teens from around Florida! Click here to learn more.
2017 URJ Biennial
December 6-10, 2017, in Boston, MA
Registration is officially open for URJ Biennial 2017, taking place December 6-10, 2017, in beautiful, historic Boston, MA! You’re invited to join us for the largest Jewish gathering in North America, where 5,000 Jews from around the world will come together to engage in the work of reimagining Jewish life.
This year’s Biennial is already shaping up to be one of the best ever! Where else can you hear from the winner of the prestigious Man Booker Prize for Literature (Eisendrath Award Honoree David Grossman), the James Beard Award winner for best chef in America (Shabbat luncheon speaker Michael Solomonov), enjoy the best in contemporary Jewish music, and learn from the most outstanding teachers in Jewish life? For complete details and more information on our site click here.